Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Treasures

Yesterday I decided to take a walk in the park.
While out in nature I found some real treasures.


Lichen lying in my path.
Blown there for my admiration.


Moss stamped into the snow;
leaving the green tentacles dusted in white crystal flakes.


A twisted tree begging me to tell her story;
to explain her unique beauty.


A hollow log waiting for a friend in a colorful hat to stick their head in the hole on the other side.


Spotted trees like a pack of dalmatians taking a break to lick up the snow.


A knotted and twisted tree,
while beautiful on the ground,
lamented the days when it stood.


The path glowing in the afternoon sun.


A crazy tree top reminding me to keep reaching.


Another to remind me it's okay to lean a little in one direction or the other.



    

A windswept woman.
Peaceful in soul, and ready for the next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment