Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hockey Weekend

I love hockey.
Last weekend I went to a game,
and as soon as I get those pictures from Katie the story will be told.

In the meantime let's just say I had a fantabulous time!
So much so that I made the 2 1/2 hour drive this past Friday
to catch another game with the girls.
It was cancer night at the K. B. Willet Arena so I,
along with a conglomeration of Pointers blacked out the Eau Claire Blugolds.
(Did you catch the irony?)
The Pointers were sporting a flashy pink lined jersey,
and let me tell you, they looked good.
Damn good.
Point beat Eau Claire with a final score of 6-1.
Did I mention:
You have a hole in your goalie
Eau Claire
Eau Claire
A hole in your goalie . . .
I digress.
(Full recap here if you feel the need-make sure to check out the pictures)

The rest of the weekend was ridiculous fun.
No really, I don't know how it happened,
and I don't remember what I did really,
I just remember laughing a lot.

Also, I made pizza.
And cookies.
Because really, what is life without cookies?
Oh, right.
Not as cool.

I hope you enjoyed your weekend.
I know I did.
I realized how lucky I am when I walked out of a friends house
just before 11 last night
and looked up past the street light to admire the snow fall.
This weekend was beautiful and I couldn't have asked for a better one.
Let's hope the week follows suit.

2 comments:

  1. ...we walked out into the night, snow falling in the orange glow of the street light. We turned to each other, grinning. A drunk woman across the street yelled out a harsh profanity. We laughed.

    ReplyDelete