Sunday, October 9, 2011

Eau Claire Visit

I made a road trip over to the UW in Eau Claire.
I saw some familiar faces,
met a few new people,
and watched a homecoming game that wasn't mine.
(Though mine was at the same time.)

I started my weekend downtown,
slurping tea and running my fingers across used book spines.
(My wallet was not having as much fun as I was.)

Then we all headed over to my ex-RA's new place.
It was a full out girl-party over there.
She was holding an Arbonne party and we all had a nice relaxing time.

Face masks and foot baths are the best way to end a Friday!


You round it all off with good friends and silly chat,
I couldn't have asked for a better time.





After a completely girly sleep-over it was time for the homecoming festivities to begin.
Starting with the parade.


Eau Claire played the UW-Oshkosh Titans.
The theme was "Sink the Titans"
There was a general lack of cloths in the warm mid-day collage town celebration.
No complaints here. =)


After a caf lunch-
in which I remembered how glad I am that I don't have to eat in a place like that anymore,
and that even if I did I truly believe that Point's food is generally better than Eau Claire's is/was-
we went to the game.



I don't actually have any photos of football but my friends and the band is more important.




Eau Claire lost by seven points.
So did Point (to Stout).
But the game was pretty intense,
and if our QB had remembered to drink water in the unseasonal heat,
and he hadn't gotten sick as a result,
he might have been able to throw the ball a little better,
therefore giving Eau Claire another touch-down,
and a homecoming win.

I don't know what Point's problem was.
It was probably as inexcusable.

So that was my weekend.
I'm making some stew now and I'm excited that fall is underway
even though it is so warm-
it means I can have stew and ice cream without feeling weird.
I just call it seasonal!

No comments:

Post a Comment